The idea for this post came to me while I was out running the other day…
I was running up the huge hill I live on.
[I’ve tried to take a picture of it and it does not do it justice]
Anyway, while running up the hill, I thought “this hill is making me a stronger runner.” Then I thought, of 25.2 more things. Yes, 26.2 things in total (marathon distance) that make me a strong runner. I started listing them to keep myself motivated to train for this marathon. I am such a random thinker, so these 26.2 things are not listed in any particular order.
1. Running up the hill I live on without stopping
2. Running that little extra bit once I’m up the hill to further prove I am strong
3. Doing my (minimum of) 25 push-ups everyday. Goal: 8000 for the year!
4. My husband (my BIGGEST strong!)
5. My dogs (& loves), Bailey and September
6. Being around inspiring friends
7. Clif Z-bars (I LOVE them everyday!)
8. Running in the HEAT!
9. Running in the COLD!
10. Running in the rain
[I rarely ever miss a run because of weather, so I guess I could add all of the other crazy conditions I have run in, but that would take up the rest of the list]
11. This bible verse: “Be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded”. Chronicles 15:7
12. Grape flavored Propel
13.1 (half way there!) Completing a tough/long workout
14. Running at 5:30 AM
15. Keeping the ultimate goal on my mind right now, the marathon and improving my time!
16. My family
17. Believing in myself
18. Running against the wind, ooo, I do not like the wind!
19. Seeing others prove they are STRONG!
21. Having a mantra
22. Motivating others to do their best
23. Past experiences-good or bad
24. Proving to myself that I can do it
25. Doing my core routine-it’s a good one. I might need to share!
26. Recovery drink (more on this later!)
.2. Grasshopper pie ice cream: my most favorite flavor of ice cream right now
I would LOVE to hear your strong(s)! What keeps you motivated?