This week’s question & answer: Compression Socks
1. Do you wear compression socks?
2. If yes, what brand/model do you prefer MOST?
3. Do you use compression socks more for running/training OR recovery?
I’m SO thrilled with all of the responses I received!…28 of them to be exact. 28 just happens to be my favorite number right now. Good job readers! I’ll go ahead and assume I stopped getting responses once I hit 28 because everyone knows about my number obsession.
- Out of 28 responses: 21 people said they do currently or have at one time worn compression socks/sleeves, 7 have not.
- The split was almost even for how people use compression socks. Using them for recovery was slightly more popular than using them during training/running.
- Now for the REALLY interesting part…I loved hearing about the brands of compression that people use or prefer. I will list all of the brands starting with the brands with the fewest votes leading up to the brands with the most.
My Thoughts: I absolutely LOVE wearing compression socks. I have not tried the sleeves, although after reading all of your great reviews on them, I may have to try them! I have worn compression socks for training, racing, recovery, and even traveling. I would have to say my favorite time to wear them is when I sleep (unless it’s a really hot night). I truly believe they help my legs recover after my long runs and after speed work on the track. I used to have the “tired legs” feeling and it was difficult for me to get in lots of miles during my marathon training until I starting using compression socks. After wearing them I felt like I recovered quicker and was ready for my next workout much sooner.
I have tried several brands; some are more expensive than others. I have found that the compression socks I enjoy the most, often do cost a little more. Some of the brands I have tried include: CEP, Pro Compression, Zoot, CWX, and Nike.
One of these companies has generously sent me a pair of their compression socks to try. It was my first time trying them. I will share the company, their product, and my thoughts tomorrow.